Recently we needed to change IP addresses on our SVN subversion server. We have blogged before about the SVN xCode Tips here.
What we did now though was to change the IP address of the SVN subversion server after we had already configured the connection to the server on our Mac computers.
The change process was surprising to us, and here is why.
1. We fully expected to have to much around with the entire connection thing. We were ready to refer to our above blog and re-establish connections.
2. When we fist established the new IP, and verified that it had propagated to the updated DNS listings etc, we found that xCode did not connect.
By chance we were short of time. So we rebooted the computers, and tried again. Still verifying that the IP resolved correctly etc. No joy!
With time constraints that day, we put it down and came back it it a day later.
We effectively did nothing, and it just worked!
The strange thing was that the expiry and update of the original IP had passed when we first tested. So it should have worked first time.
We can only guess that for some reason the time between updates of the IP stored by xCode, must be longer than the TTL record of the DNS server (or something). In any case, just cool your heels for some time, and wait to see what happens.