Today we experienced ‘another’ issue with the Microsoft CRM 4.0 Email Router Configuration Manager. Like many of the other issues with the E-mail router tool, we only noticed when we stopped receiving email association icons in outlook. Normally for us this has ended up being the problem with the Configuration Manager xml configuration files, and has required us to restore them from backup in line with the Official MS fix. Unusually today the error lay elsewhere. With a test of the User and Queue access, we were receiving a message that looked like this: Client found response content type of ”, but expected ‘text/xml’. With an Event Log Entry Event ID: 0 #26090 – An error occurred while opening mailbox email@example.com System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of ”, but expected ‘text/xml’. The request failed with an empty response. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) … Read More »Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.